Picture this: It is Sunday morning, and you have a migraine. You take a trip to Migraine and Spine Clinic for quick relief only to find that our doors are closed. Now what?
Do not worry. We understand that Migraines do not have office hours; however, Migraine and Spine Clinic does. In this article, you will learn what to do to hold over a migraine until you can get to the Migraine and Spine Clinic for the care you need!
Migraines come with a combination of intense pains and a variation of symptoms including, pain in the head and eye, sensitivity to lights and sounds, and vomiting and nausea. To help make these pains manageable for the time being, here is a list of things you can do to ease the pain and or symptoms:
- Rest in a dark or dim, quiet setting to help with noise and light sensitivity.
- Take an over-the-counter pain reliever such as Ibuprofen, Aspirin, or Tylenol.
- Keep yourself hydrated with water or electrolyte-replacement drinks to help with fatigue and pain. This is important for those who have recently vomited while experiencing a migraine.
- If your migraine is just beginning, a moderate intake of caffeine can help reduce pain.
- Aromatherapy with mint or lavender scents may help with pain relief.
- Sleep. Sleep is restorative and may help stop migraine headaches altogether.
- Place a cool or warm compress on your head to help with pain relief.
Avoid extreme temperatures. If you have skin or circulatory problems, or diabetes, proceed with caution.
Migraines are troublesome, especially when it is outside of our hours of operations. With incorporating this set of home remedies to help hold over a migraine, hopefully, your day will not be too unbearable, and you can visit us bright and early Monday morning. Our Urgent Care Clinic hours are Monday through Friday: 9 AM to 5 PM, and Saturday from 12 PM to 4 PM. We are closed on Sundays; however, we are more than happy to welcome you Monday to help you get the relief you need.